Events / Training Courses
Veranstaltungsprogramm des IFF-Forschungsinstitutes für das Jahr 2017
26.10.2017 - 27.10.2017:
IFF-Practical Course "Basic processes in compound-feed production"
The feed sector plays a key role within the animal sectors, for both animal husbandry and pets. Healthy, safe and high quality feed is essential for healthy animals and the production of tasty and safe animal products such as milk, eggs and meat. The quality of feed is partly safeguarded by good knowledge concerning the whole production process: what is the effect of resource treatments on the quality of feed? Process technology is the central topic during this 2 day training where participants will gain insight into the production process of feed manufacturers. Furthermore, attention will be paid to the use of various resources, quality control, trends and new developments in the feed sector.
Target groupNutritionists, advisors, account managers, policy makers and other interested personnel working in the feed industry.
• General knowledge of the sector; trends and developments
• Resource chain; resources, nutritional properties & recipes
• Process technology; background and practice: mixing/milling/conditioning/pressing/expanding/extruding/cooling/drying/vacuum coating
• Quality control/HACCP/contamination/tracing
• New developments, a.o. new resources like algae and insects
Teaching methods: class education, discussion/ interaction and practicum.
The practical courses take place in small groups.
The participant gains knowledge and insight into the production process of feed, the effects of the production process on feed quality and the safety and the importance of this link in the chain monitoring of feed production:
• Overview/insight in the latest developments in the sector
• Possessing knowledge and insight regarding compound feed
• Knowledge on the aspects of quality and safety of feed
• Critical thinking by being able to reflect on the importance and future perspectives of feed production and animal products